April 01, 2021

Sometimes I Don't Know How To Be Anything But EXTRA!

 

Just like the title of the blog says, sometimes I do not know how to be anything but EXTRA. I don't think I have ever realized that before, but it is undeniably true. There are times that is painfully obvious. Making flowers is one of those things. I enjoy doing it, and love when people ask. (although I sometimes stress that it will not live up to their expectations) 

This week a cousin asked me to make boutonnieres and corsages for Prom. Of course I agreed. They wanted white roses. That is great, but white roses are HUGE and they made for bit corsages. Ok, ok,...I may be blaming the roses for them turning out extra! 

In the short amount of time I was unable to go find corsage fasteners, so I improvised. I took some elastic that I had left over from another project and I sewed it into a bracelet. 

The first version of the corsage was with 4 flowers. Lady Hiva came home from work and was SHOCKED at how big it was. She laughed because "that is SO you!" Calling out my EXTRA-ness. She acknowledged that it was pretty, just big. So I went to work making a second version. Again, I did not want to disappoint. 

This is the second version. Smaller, but Lady Hiva, with a twinkle in her eye, told me it was still too big! Oh well. It is what it is...hopefully the cousin and his date were ok with it! 






















We have also been working hard in the house. Lucky Dragon and Koala Bear both love the new Disney NuiMos. They are pose-able stuffed animals with magnets in their hands. They found them while at Disney World in February and we have now learned that each month they release new NuiMos. They have to "earn" their new NuiMos by doing extra chores. They can prepare dinner, clean, or do laundry. It has been fun to see how industrious they can be. 

We find the NuiMos all over the house in different settings. I took a photo of some of them. I should take more of them. 





Lucky Dragon has also been into making his own games. This is in addition to the many books that he writes in great detail. 

It makes him so proud to play the games together after he has designed one. 





No comments:

Post a Comment