February 20, 2023

Embracing Crazy Has Its Rewards!

 


The last few days we have embraced the crazy of India and it has been amazing! The sheer amounts of people can be overwhelming. Then when you add sound, smells and sight to that, it gets really interesting. It is easy to want to avoid all of the crazy and for some time that what Lady Hiva wanted to do. But this last several weeks she has joined me in the experience. 

We have learned to navigate the throng of people. I lead because I am bigger and the three of them follow right behind by holding on to my bag and each other's hands. Doing this we snake through the thousands of people, shops, and cars along our way. I think for me it is the smells and sounds that put me on high alert. At one point we can smell delicious food cooking and within three steps that smell changes into a stench of sewer. And then there is the honking. SO MUCH HONKING. Without the honking I think the whole experience would be better. 

Even with assault on our senses we have learned to see the crowds as a bunch of individuals with stories and experiences. We often will watch and wonder out loud what their story must be. We have gone shopping in some of the most crowded neighborhoods in Mumbai and had fun finding treasures along the way. We had gone to one of them in the first couple weeks of arriving in India and Lady Hiva said she would never go back. But she even came with me a few times! 



We have really dived into the experience too! We have been trying all the street food. The two Muggles love the street crackers and the peanuts. 







Lucky Dragon made friends with this fruit seller. They had fun tasting all of his fruit. The guy loved that they were willing to stop and talk and he kept feeding them! HAHA
















It was fun to be with the crowds at night just enjoying the food and each other's company. The only downside is when the Muggles have to go to the bathroom. We end up exploring some dark alleys until we find a bathroom. Then the level of cleanliness and style of the bathroom are vastly different so they have some stories to tell. 



We all go into random stores that catch our eye as we travel. That includes some clothing stores, toy stores, container stores, and trinket stores. Lucky Dragon wanted to go into the light store and see all of the glowing gems and chandeliers. 





I have a suit that I want to have made and went down to "MK" Market near Crawford Market to see if I could find the material. I found all kinds of places, but was never able to find the material exactly. I did find some material that I liked and decided to have a suit made. I LOVE THE SUIT! 

Then when I went to pick it up, Lucky Dragon wanted to have a suit made for him. He chose his own materials and had it measured. Then when we went to pick that up, Lady Hiva decided to have a few jackets made for her too! It is a fun experience to go through all the material then look at styles and in a few days you have a suit! 























This is the suit that I had made. I love it so much! 




































Lady Hiva found a gown that was GORGEOUS! It looks amazing on her! 













Bargaining for some socks on the side of the road. 























When we are not out exploring, we are home. Eating good food! Lady Hiva has learned how to make her own yogurt. So we have been enjoying that the last few days! 






1 comment:

  1. That was an amazing journey!!! I love the suits--Lucky Dragon looks so grown up in his handsome suit! And I loved yours Dustin, you look like a movie star! I love to go places where they can make you clothes in a few days--such talent. ATM

    ReplyDelete