June 19, 2020

Math: Summer Fun?

 If any of you have been to our house you will see that our walls upstairs looks like a classroom. Science, math, and language posters coat the walls. The other day I called for Lucky Dragon and asked where he was. He said, "just having fun." When I went up to see he had taken down the posters off the walls and was doing the worksheet exercises on the back. That is funny how he thinks that is fun. But I love it.
 I asked him how he was doing and he told me he just needed to know if water vapor was a liquid or a gas. He thought it was a liquid, I thought thought a gas. We had to do research to find out it is a gaseous liquid. Hahaha.






A few nights later I found him quizzing his sister on shapes and numbers. 1 week into the summer and this kid is missing school already!
Today he made Lady Hiva stop studying to explain fractions. Then he was so excited to tell he he learned that "1,100 divided by 100 is 11!" I asked how he knew...he replied in a 'you should know this answer tone' "the posters taught me!"

We had to laugh when I asked Koala Bear what 1 plus 1 was after her math lesson from her brother. I had hwe hold up her pointer fingers and said, "1 plus 1 is?" She looked at her fingers now together and said happily, "11!" We all laughed and I explained it was two. Then as I was getting her dressed this morning she was staring at the poster and told me, "look, Dustin, 1 plus 1 is 11!" And shows me the number 11. Hahahaha At least she is thinking about it.











Because one bag is still not enough. 

Both kids have been going to swimming lessons this week. Lucky Dragon is doing amazing. We just sit back and let the kids learn from their teacher. They have 6 levels of swimming: basic safety, safety, pre-transition, transition, regular, and swim team. Today, I was reading what they do at each level and Lucky Dragon is at "swim team" level. They are teaching him how to breast stroke and dive deep to collect items.



Koala Bear, true to her nickname, did NOT want to get into the water. Last year she screamed her lungs out. So this year we spent the last few days being excited about swimming lessons to prepare her. He cried and was mad the first lesson. She hates to be told what to do. Each lesson she gets better and better.

You can see she still was nervous yesterday and the whole drive there today she asked why we "always make her go to swimming lessons." We explained we wanted her to learn so she could be safe.

She did SO well today.  She went off the slide and came up to float. She jumped off the poolside and came up to float. She was even smiling throughout it all. I am SO glad she is loving it.










After swimming one day I took the. To the store. They begged to eat. I should have started this WAY earlier. I put them on a big cart and they ate while I shopped. Saved time and drama. Loved it.







This girl loves her sparkly outfits and shiny shoes.



Lucky Dragon plays in Quick ball again. It is his second year. We love how it teaches basics. He has grown so much. Some of the hits are amazing. I make sure to blow my fog horn to cheer for him. Years of embarrassment ahead!


We have also stopped at some of our favorite places to eat. One of those is Chocolate in West Jordan. Definitely a sugar high, but amazing.







After reading scriptures we have family prayer...Lady Hiva is obviously the favorite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment