April 12, 2022

When The Beach Calls Our Name

It was cold, windy and sprinkling a bit, but when I asked Lucky Dragon if we should go by the beach on the way home (Lady Hiva and Koala Bear were sleeping), he excitedly said yes! We never want to miss a chance to go to the beach! So we headed to Rehoboth Beach, DE. 

I was so exited to see that as soon as we entered the beach there were several Horseshoe Crabs to see. I told the kids about my childhood on Rehoboth and how the crabs tried to crawl up my leg when I was out in the water! haha. Lady Hiva told us about the scientific properties of Horseshoe Crab blood and how it is harvested and used for medical purposes. We also talked about the way Horseshoe Crabs have survived since prehistoric times! Amazing creatures. 
 

We wandered up and down the boardwalk and the shops. Lucky Dragon LOVED this one shop. He told me it was his favorite store ever. "It has shells, gems, it has random things on all the shelves to look at." 





Getting a science lesson from mum! 



























No comments:

Post a Comment