September 05, 2021

Speaking About Diversity and Inclusion at the SHRM Conference

 

Several months ago I was invited to speak at the Utah SHRM conference about Diversity and Inclusion. Life, as you all know, has been a bit crazy the last few weeks for our family with new jobs, new changes, and school starting again!~ So this day felt like it snuck up on us. 




But ever the story-teller, I was excited to speak. It was fun to have Lady Hiva come to one of the sessions. She brought Koala Bear too! It was fun to see all of the people excited to see Koala Bear there...the vendors were more than happy to offer her all kinds of swag and gifts! Haha.

Madre and Kell also made it up to hear both sessions. It is fun to have some familiar faces in the crowd! Actually, it was really fun to see other people there I knew as well. There were two of my former college students that were helping plan and run the event. There was another student that now has a great job as an HR professional that came to my session. And the MC for the entire event was a college program (CP) at Walt Disney World with me! Amazing how worlds collide like that! 









Overall, it was a great conference. I think I got more out of it than I gave. I learned new things and met some amazing people that do good things all over the world! 

No comments:

Post a Comment