March 22, 2022

Rainy Day? Take Your Walk Inside

 

After sitting in training and meetings for several hours--I do not sit well very long. Seriously, it is ROUGH. Hence not having a desk chair in my office. But in these current trainings, I do not have a choice. I decided I needed to get out and run or walk. But it was raining. Lame. 

Then I had a great idea--I would go walk through a museum! My museum of choice was the National Gallery of Art. I chose this because it was just me and I am sure the kids would not enjoy an hour (or more) of art like I would. 

It was a perfect place to walk, people watch, and enjoy the talents of generations of art. 














I found that I was most attracted to the 1600 Dutch and Spanish realism art. I knew that I liked it because I wanted to get closer and look at more details and/or go back and look at it again. I took some photos (no flash of course) of some of my favorites. Some of them are so stunning that photos from my phone do not do them justice. 


I also really liked the statues that were so well done it looked real. The artist captured so much emotion in their work. 






That lace looks real! 



































No comments:

Post a Comment