December 15, 2022

Exploring Food in Singapore



One of the most amazing parts of Singapore has been the food!! Such a diversity of things available.  We have eaten steaks from Australia and Japan, meat pies from New Zealand, Dumplings from Taiwan and China, noodles from Japan, desserts from France, pide from Turkey, fruit and candy from all over the world, and lots of vegetables!

We have eaten fresh vegetables and meat nearly every meal. Both Muggles begged for burgers everyday. So we did Five Guys, Shake Shack, Hard Rock Cafe, and a few gourmet burger places--some of these several times! 

My kale salad is amazing. 

I was so excited to see Turkish restaurants.  The Pide was perfect and it was good to use my rusty Turkish skills. There are quadrants of communities throughout the city. It is fun to go see their cultures alive and hear them speaking their language. 








Lemon grass drink! 
Peach ice cream from Hokkaido. 

Durian is everywhere! Lady Hiva tasted it...I could not get passed the smell.
Look at the size of these mango! They are just about the size of a large US softball. One of them is a whole meal!







You can watch them make your Dumplings. These guys were laughing to see the white guy with bandages all over his face watching them. 



These macarons were delicious!
French toast, chicken pot pie and and French onion soup! I loved it. 


One of our stops to Five Guys!

They have whole stops for just mochi ice cream.


We ate Ramen noodles nearly everyday at least once. 


These two love the nori. But they refuse to eat the gudetama thanks to the cartoon Gudetama.

Lucky Dragon and I loved the name of  this drink...we didn't try it because neither of us like carbonation. 
There are bakeries everywhere, much to Lady Hiva's delight and weakness. We loved the smells. Especially when they were in the labyrinth of underground tunnels. Everyday I would come home carrying several bags of Lady Hiva's conquests. She cannot just walk by or go look. She. Must. Buy! And not just buy one, but one of everything! She even took a large bag of bread home with her. 

















I was so happy they had PepperFry! It was one of the places I loved to eat in the Philippnes. I have eaten there several times. 


The first day these two wanted Shake Shack!




Look and those melons! Expensive melons from Japan.





He loved looking at the "petite entreme"

He ate all of his burger then asked for another one!

As we drove to our hotel I saw a sign for See's Chocolate.  For any of you that know Lady Hiva, you know See's is the ultimate Chocolate. So much so that Lucky Dragon knows to get her a box for every birthday and holiday. Lady Hiva got her a box, and declared Singapore is her new favorite country! 

We were at Five Guys and laughing so hard. It hurts my nose to laugh. I never knew how much your nose flares. It flares when I smile, when I laugh, when I yawn, when I sneeze, when I take a bite...so I try to not to do any of these...haha































No comments:

Post a Comment