December 18, 2022

Exploring Museums in Singapore

 

It has been raining...but I cannot just sit in the hotel all day. So I just explored museums. It was great! I could put on a book to listen to and walk for miles as I explore the exhibits. A good A/C way to walk.

I loved all of the museums. They were all so well done. Each unique in their own ways. I went to the National Museum, the National Gallery Musuem, the ArtScience Museum, and the Fort Canning Musuem. I have learned so much about the colorful history of country. From ancient kindgoms and Siam rulers, to British colonialism, Japanese occupation, a joining with Malaysia then finally becoming a sovereign nation.

I went to so many museums but realize now that I did not even scratch the surface! There are so many others to see. 

The ArtScience Museum is located at Marina Bay Sands. The outside looks like a huge lotus blossom. It made me wish my kids were here. They would have loved it. The adventures were all interactive.  

I could draw things and it shows up on the huge wall. Or you can color a bird, a plane, or a butterfly and then use a remote to have it fly over a city. 


This room of lights and crustals dances to music. I could stand there and watch for hours. 






I colored a butterfly and it flew with all od the airplanes. 

















These rooms of  color were HUGE! 







This slide the kids can go down and the flowers bloom as they go passed them. 



Talk about being immersed in art! This room you are literally in the art. 





Each Musuem has sections for children to learn and explore. I loved it.









































I really liked this painting.  It looks like one woman helping another whonis indistress. So I took a photo.  It felt like an example of how we hold each other up in hard times. Then I read the artists interpretation of the painting and it soured the painting for me a bit. It was painted by a Spanish painter representing how Spain was bringing the Philippines to the "light" with their 400 years of oppression.  (I liked my version better...shouldn't have read the caption)











This chair was cool. At just the correct angle it looks like a fully formed chair. However it is really several pieces placed far away from each other across a 30 foot room. 








This was a village made completely out of cardboard! I found myself wishing Lucky Dragon was with me. We could have played "I spy" in here for hours.









No comments:

Post a Comment