October 15, 2018

Oh The Things You Can Make...


Autumn is here!

It was a bit cold last week and that meant we had rain and *gasp* SNOW! Can you believe it?! Snow already! Lady Hiva and the kids have been decorating our house for Halloween. It is fun to see them all getting into it. Lucky Dragon is especially excited. Koala Bear loves the pumpkins and witches she calls them, "Butt-ch" and "Wish" and points all of them out as we go to stores and drive around. She does not like all the gory or scary stuff...my girl she is! (Suffer through it baby girl, 1 NOV is coming soon! Then it is Christmas! YAY)

Lady Hiva found an idea she wanted to complete for an outside decoration. So she made the sign..so proud of her. She used all the saws for the first time herself. She painted it and used the Cricut to make the sign. I went to Home Depot and bought the materials to make the sign post. I was lucky to get a decorative banister on discount because it was all dinged up.














While we were at it, I also made some legs for the new chair we bought. We literally had it for 30 minutes when it was dropped as we brought it into the house and broke a leg! haha. I wanted to build something that would match our farm dining table.

It is amazing what some 2x4s and some stain can do! I had fun working with Lucky Dragon. He wanted to measure, use the square and then he even cut some of the wood. He was so proud! And to tell you the truth, I was proud too. My little guy is growing up. It was funny to discuss why the tool is called a square when it is really a triangle. Nearly the whole time we were building he had questions about that. I guess it doesn't really make sense logically...haha


This is what the legs of the dining table look like


Here are the finished versions. I think they turned out really well!




























No comments:

Post a Comment