June 12, 2013

Tau'aho Gets a Brother!




Well…depending on how you look at it, this baby could be baby #1 or #2. He technically comes first, but we have planned for Tau’aho longer. Yes, you understand correctly, Lady Hiva is STILL pregnant and doing well with Tau’aho but we have another baby, coming.

On Friday night we had just hooked up the laptop to watch a movie we had downloaded and I had the ironing board set up to iron while we watched (yeah, I cannot sit still so it gives me something to do!) and Lady came in from the room, “Dustin, did you see the adoption agency emailed for us to call them?” We called right away and our social worker told us that a birth mother had chosen us to be the parents to her baby.

The emotions of excited, surprised, happy, scared, thankfulness, and amazement flashed in intervals as we listened to the details. We then reminded the social worker that Lady Hiva is pregnant and she had forgotten so she ended the conversation so she could check with the mother to find out if that changed her mind. It was a LONG two hours while we waited. I tried to watch the movie, but I was distracted with thoughts. I couldn’t iron well because every two minutes I had to do the happy dance (kind of jumping up and down while cheering silently—I am sure it looks a bit awkward…ok, maybe more than a bit). We were both watching the email and phones like leopards ready to pounce on their prey.

Finally about midnight they called back and said the mother still wanted us! We were filled with happiness and awe. We ended the phone call and then the reality and emotion of it started…we just bought a house, Lady is pregnant and she almost due, I am working…the list goes on and on. Life really does come at us fast and all at once.

The next few nights were filled with long talks, plenty of prayers and not much sleeping for either of us. We didn’t tell people because we wanted to make a decision with the just two of us. We spent some time at the temple and had a really great talk with the Bishop.

After a few days we decided it felt right to do welcome this baby into our home. He and Tau’aho will be (depending on when they both are born) anywhere from 4-5 weeks apart. So here come our TWINS!

We went back to the discussion board for names. It was similar to playing go-fish. Lady had names she like and I had names I liked and we wheeled-and-dealed until we came to a conclusion. The new baby is due on Monday, 17 June 2013. YIKES! We only have  few things that were donated from friends but nowhere near what we need for two babies! Someone said to us, “Well, at least you have the stuff for one baby so you just need to get one more of it…” HAHA, with our past history of  children we did not dare buy anything because we bought things with Vaitafe and now it is just emotional every time we see it because he never was able to use it. So we made a list and headed to the store.

It is has been fun to see people’s reactions as they find out—it usually starts with “That is so awesome” and then as we talk about it you can see/hear them processing it all and they say, “Wow…just wow…” and the unspoken words were knowing how ‘adventurous’ having twins really is.

Plenty of people are saying, “we knew that would happen!” One of our friends even pointed out that this could be expected considering we did find out that we were back on the adoption list the same week we found out Lady Hiva was pregnant. Either way, we are ready for a really interesting experience.

We have prayed for this day for three years and it is totally and completely crazy that it happened at at once but makes it more exciting. After five years of marriage, Lady Hiva and I must understand that nothing is ever boring, never goes as planned, and usually has a few hitches along the way. BUT it makes for great journal entries and blog fodder~!

We will keep you updated on the new journey! Stay tuned!

We are registered at Target.com

15 comments:

  1. Wow, I mean WOW! I'm so so happy for you guys. A beautiful blessing indeed. I can't wait to see you with your angel(s). Many prayers are being sent to you from afar. I'll need to get your address so we can send you a little something for your little ones. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thrilled! BEYOND over joyed! Congrats you guys! XOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so, so happy for you guys!!!! Life works in mysterious ways, and I cannot think of a more deserving couple to have such blessings. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO exciting! Many congratulations to all of you. How wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This made me smile...not a little smile, but a big, ear-to-ear grin. Then I did my own awkward happy dance for you! I cannot wait to meet the boys and to see you and Lady Hiva again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dust, we are so happy for you guys! What a ride you are on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This makes me so so happy. You guys deserve all the happiness you receive. Good luck with twins!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so excited and happy for you! It is amazing how this has all worked out. Congratulations! You are both going to be the best parents ever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was so happy to hear about the "Twin" whom God is blessing you with. It brought to my mind the story of a college friend whom after so many years of marriage could not also have a child. After she finally adopted a child, then she became pregnant and had her own child. I guess that's what Our Lord wants of us to give love to children who have been abandonned or are being given up for adoption, then, He blesses us with our own children! That's what Love is all about. I'm really so happy for both of you. GOD HAS ANSWERED OUR PRAYERS! Alleluia! To God be the Glory! Lina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing in the world could have made me feel happier then reading that did. YEY FOR YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so ridiculously awesome. I can't imagine how you're feeling right now, but man those two boys are so blessed to be coming to you guys. We are so incredibly happy for you. oxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. DUSTIN! HIVA! I'm so excited for you both!! You two are going to be the best parents ever, these little babies are so lucky to be sent into your home. I cannot wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brought a tear to my eye reading this post. Such great news! Can't wait to fast forward one month and see the family pics!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats you guys!!! I'm just catching up and I understand your family has doubled :) This is great, great news. Hooray you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beyond thrilled for you guys! Can't wait to meet the cute twins!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dustin and Hiva, I'm so thrilled for your twins. A tremendous blessing in my book. Much love to you two.

    ReplyDelete