March 20, 2019

Celebrating Lady Hiva


The last day (and weeks) we have had a chance to celebrate Lady Hiva. She is center of our family. She is also the rock for so many others. Even though she would never admit it, there are so many that lean on her steady leadership and love. It was fun to have a chance to focus on her for a little bit.

I ordered some items online a few weeks ago so they would arrive on time and they ended up coming while I was at work and BLAH! She opened every box! The first box I teased her about opening and she was really apologetic until the next box came and she opened it too! Well happy birthday...we will celebrate for a week straight! HAHA. I got her some Harry Potter themed jewelry, a Harry Potter board game that we played together as a family and us all Harry Potter t-shirts. Lucky Dragon informed me that I should have bought her gifts she would want, not gifts that I would want! HAHA.

I took the kids to help choose some gifts for her the day of her birthday--so she did have some surprises to open. I was so proud of our Lucky Dragon and how well he knows his mum. As we were driving to the store he said, "She loves chocolate, flowers and books." That was true enough. But I thought that could describe many women as standard answers. However, at the store he really showed how thoughtful he was.

We first walked up and down the aisle to choose which chocolate to buy. There was no buying the cheap chocolate, he knew to only buy the good stuff--Ghirardelli and Lindt (the best we can do here in the States). He also chose some Birthday Cake Oreos--a love the two of them share together. Then instead of buying flowers that will "just die" he went to the garden center and chose a box of bulbs that he and his mum "could plant together because we love to plant in the garden together." At this point I was beginning to be impressed. Finally we walked up and down the book aisle. He chose the book, I stood there while he walked up and down reading titles to decide. The first he wanted to get her was titled "Hot Rain." It was a paperback near the romance novels (not really Lady Hiva's thing) so I was not sure about it and asked why he chose that one. He explained that "mom likes warm rain." True enough. But just as we were leaving he spotted a cookbook by Ree Drummond (Pioneer Woman). He said, "I change my mind, I want to get that one!" I again, was not sure if it was just the colorful cover he liked and asked why that book. He said, matter-of-factly, "Mum loves books, she loves to cook and like cookbooks." Now I know that this little guy is smart and thoughtful, but he is GOOD! And clearly observant.














 
Card chosen by Koala Bear



There were a few women from the church congregation dropped off gifts. Madre and Kell also sent flowers.











We had fun sneaking downstairs to decorate together. His whispers were not quiet enough for Lady Hiva to not hear. I had to laugh at his excitement. He arranged the table of gifts and instructed me where to place the banners so it is perfect. Lady Hiva stayed upstairs feigning ignorance. (she learned from all the teasing about opening the boxes of gifts). If she wasn't really sure what we were doing it was all given away when Koala Bear wondered out of bed, probably due to hearing our excited whispers, and exclaimed, "SO CUTE!! 'Appy Birt-day!" And giggled all the way down the stairs. She stood looking at the table and banners and said, "So amazing!" Lucky Dragon beamed with pride. I watched as he showed her the gifts, my heart was full of love for them both.

We went to eat after I came home from work. She said she wanted Thai food or Chuck-a-Rama and gave me the choice. So naturally, we went to Thai. The other place is not real food. The food was delicious!













It was a special day for a very special Lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment