April 01, 2019

Why Not Knock A Hole In the Wall?

March went by quickly. We were on the move the entire month. I think that we had more snow in the end of February and March than the rest of the winter all together. Living in the desert, it is something we are thankful for, but I am--personally--ready for no more snow for while. We continue to find things to keep us busy--on top of everything else that we do. A few weeks ago we were shopping and I found a slide at a discount store. I wanted so badly to buy it and put it into the basement. Lady Hiva did not think it was such a good idea. But after a week of working on her, I bought the slide. (Getting it home in our small cross-over was an interesting experience). 

I came home and cut a whole in the wall on the stairwell landing going down into the basement. Lucky Dragon kept asking me why "you just built this brand new how and now you are cutting holes in it?!" However, he was excited for the finishing touches. The slide goes down the landing into the basement where the trampoline is already located. Apparently, we want to  have a full on active gym in our basement! 

Koala Bear was also excited for the slide. When she went down the first time she caught air! I had been filming it and did not notice until I was watching the movie later. (There is a lesson there about being in the moment instead of filming or taking a photo of the moment..) Both kids will spend hours in the basement laughing. I love that they enjoy time together. She goes along on any adventure that he creates for the. Hours of entertainment. 





When the kids get your phone to take photos of themselves



 Lucky Dragon has become such a great helper. His normal household chore is to take out all the rubbish during the week. But he has also begun to help in other ways. Here he vacuumed up the mess while I made a mess putting in the slide, he will help his sister put on her shoes as we are leaving the house, he is learning how to fold clothes, and he is quite the experienced "sorter" --he is constantly sorting rocks, shells, toys, etc. He remembers where everything is in detail and notices when that changes. I love that he is learning how to work. I hope that we can continue that. I learned how to do things by helping my parents and want him to develop that mindset too!




I love these two!

 

 





 These two little goof-balls are so fun to be around He is communicating better and using more and more words. He has such a fun teasing personality. He NEVER stops talking (I wonder where he gets that trait?! Lady Hiva and I talk about how much we love to see them happy. I hope they always feel comfortable at work so they are always laughing.


 We passed a bin of hardhards while we were at the store. She made me go back and she instructed me what colors we were going to wear. She is really good with her colors now. She can also count to 13 already--forward and backwards. I was not allowed to take it off. So she and I walked through the store like this. She kept saying, "Dudtin, I wear a hat! I so pretty. I the 'keen! (queen)"


 Lucky Dragon continues to excel at his reading. We cannot keep enough books in the house to read. Koala Bear has recently also wanted to be read to. When I am reading to them both I have to read it all with exactness otherwise Lucky Dragon will correct me. Koala Bear will carry around her favorite books and beg we read to her. I had come upstairs one evening after doing dishes to find these two on our bed together while he was reading. She loves it because he becomes animated. He will read a line and then find a way to act it out.. She follows along and mimics his action. They both burst out into laughter.


 Legos are still a large part of our lives. THere is not a time that we don't have some version of a Lego project going on. It has been fun to see Lucky Dragon's creativity. Sometimes I look at what he builds and wonder if he made it himself. "Of course I did" is his matter-of-fact answer when I cak
He gave me all these trinkets for my desk at work 'to remember him' . I think the D is really cool. 



He includes rainbows in much of his art--his drawings, his coloring etc. And of course the colors have to always be in order



He built his own name out of Legos! That is so awesome 



Thanks to Peppa Pig, she calls us mummy and daddy in a British accent. She also loves to find and jump in "muddy puddles" 


 There are many nights the two of them want to snuggle in our bed. Koala Bear has called it "Snuggle Bug." She will bring a blanket and ask us to "Snuggle Bug" Which means she wants to sit and be with us. Her way of asking to spend time with us.

She loves to find ways to be like her mum. He has started to go into the closet and pull out a pair of Lady Hiva's high heels. She will walk around the house in them. I am impressed with how well she actually does. She will want to brush her hair and thinks she is putting in mousse and we will come in and see her hair covered in lotion. She will even use markers to be makeup! So funny how she picks up so fast. The other night she begged to have her nails done. You would have thought she had won the biggest prize she could think of when Lady Hiva sat down and painted her fingernails and toenails. "I so pretty! Mum paint the nails." She wanted to show us all every chance he got.








These two! He is such a good sport. 

This girl loves her plasma car. She road all the way up the hill by herself 




And of course we cannot miss a chance for odd things to happen. Last year Koala Bear died on us--they revived her--and we are thankful to have her. This weekend I accidentally cut my eye open with a sign as I jumped out of the car with it. Luckily, it did not damage my vision and should go back to normal. It just looks like I have pink eye or have been drinking too much alcohol! Both of which creates some commical reactions when talking with people at work! hahaha


1 comment:

  1. I love this blog. I love seeing my family. I LOVE the slide. I hope you are watching out for your beautiful blue eyes. I love all of you! Cant wait to spend time together.

    ReplyDelete