November 03, 2020

Spider and Pumpkins Outside...Christmas Tree Inside


 The tree is UP!! There are still Halloween decorations outside...but inside we are full on Christmas. It is interesting for me to see how many people do not like that I put up the Christmas decorations so early. They ask me why I skip Thanksgiving, I don't, it is just part of Christmas. I often wonder if they don't like it because the commercial aspect of Christmas is stressful...for me it is not about the commercial aspect at all. I love this time of year and the focus on helping others and finding ways to show love and kindness. 

The kids were so excited this year to put up the trees---yes trees. So the first trees that went up were the two in their bedrooms. Then we even roped in the neighbors into helping us decorate the tree in the living room! I think we may have started a new neighborhood tradition! 

We had several pumpkins left so I gave the kids hammers and allowed them to "smash" the pumpkins. Soon, the road was covered with pumpkin guts and slime. They had so much fun. I looked up at one point and saw that Koala Bear was covered in pumpkin guts and must have hit her own head with the hammer so she had frenzied hair, blood streaking down her face, and standing in the middle of the pumpkins. I asked her if she was OK, she said, "yes" and went back to smashing. All I could think was this girl is savage!! HAHA. I wish I would have taken a photo! 

Lucky Dragon made this gift...the first gift for the family this year. I loved that he even made the bow all by himself. 
Lady Hiva had the kids do a tradition of her own as well...they made 






The lights are now all aglow outside and the trees are warm and welcoming. 



















Lucky Dragon wrote a story had a captive audience to listen to his book! They both love him so much, they were willing to listen. 





No comments:

Post a Comment