December 09, 2020

This is Hawaii--and we love it

 

Now that the funeral was over, we were able to spend some time at the beach!!! I picked up on my goal of being in Hawaii and going every day. I had two weeks to make up for 2 weeks of lost beach time!! I would go with Lucky Dragon and Koala Bear. We would go beach hopping. Usually starting at Shark's Cove (their favorite) and then Sunset, Castles, Kawela, Turtle Bay, Hukilau...you name it, we went! This is why I love and miss Hawaii. It makes me so happy to see the way the muggles love the beach too. They beg to stay as long as they can. Most nights we did not go home until the sun went down. 










































































































We were able to see some amazing friends and spend time with the family. Those are special parts of being in Hawaii. 


I am so proud of this guy. He wanted to surf so badly. Then we had a challenge to see who could jump over the most boogie boards. He cleared four of them! We need to get this boy into track!






We helped Felila put a box around the gravesite and she wanted some rocks too. 

































We wanted to clean up the grave for our three children. I was so glad that we could do it. I poured cement in the middle to look more clean than the rocks that get covered in grass and weeds. 






















One of the days I took the muggles to the Pupukea Hei'au. The gates were closed but we were able to walk in. I did not remember that it was so far in...but the muggles thought it was a great adventure. We chased chickens, talked about Hawaiian culture and the importance of the hei'au. It was a beautiful day. 






























































No comments:

Post a Comment