January 21, 2021

A Day in the Life of Dust

 This Saturday was a crazy day for me. But a great day. It was one of those days that ended and I could look back and say, "wow! I was productive today!" I also found that I am glad I was raised to know that I could do anything I want to do, I just needed to work hard to figure it out. 

In the morning I made a wedding bouquet, a flower haku, and boutonnieres for a cousin's wedding. It is always fun to do projects like this. I had to laugh because the first time that I finished the bouquet was GIGANTIC!! So I pulled it apart and started again. The final version was something I could be proud of. I am hoping that the bride was. (She said she was...but I always wonder if they just say that to my face)...

I came home and defied gravity and took down all the Christmas lights. It is moments like this when I am hanging over the edge of the house, the ground 40 feet below, that I am thankful I am not afraid of heights and that I have a keen balance. 













Then in the afternoon I decided that I wanted to build some hooks for my hats. With my bald head getting burned all the time I was told I needed to start wearing hats. I told Lady Hiva that if I am going to wear hats, I am going to make a statement by wearing them! It was fun to see that she bought me a few for Christmas this year. Each morning Koala Bear acts as my fashion guide and she tells me which hat to wear. I will try them on and she will stand back and hmm while she ponders and they tell me that hat is good to wear...or if I need to move on to the next one! I have to laugh at this little person. 

Again, I was glad I know the principles of work. Within an hour I had built hook racks where there had been none. Two hours later they had been caulked, painted and dried--ready for hats to hang on them! 








No comments:

Post a Comment