One of the heaviest tortures that one can choose put themselves through is going back to school while working full time. And that is what I did. This blog is a few months late because I have been busy with the move back to the States.
There are times that I must feel that I am not busy enough and I look for something to do…so after learning two languages and in the middle of moving around the world, I decided that I was going to put myself into a master’s program. Not only that, but I did the entire program in less than one year.
Because I was working full time, I would come home and spend the last several hours with Tau’aho and Lady Hiva before he went to bed. Then I would write papers between 2100h and 0300h. (I guess you might as well do something productive other than sleep—right?).
|This was my nightly position for several hours from 2100h to 0300h|
Here are some facts from the program:
· I had thirteen classes in all.
· I wrote 54 papers over the course of the program.
· Each of those papers were 12-40 pages each making over 600 pages and 250,000 words.
· Smallest semester was 6 credit hours
· Largest semester was 18 credit hours (that was CRAZY! And I would not suggest it to anyone).
· GPA 3.9
· Most disliked class was Statistics and Strategic Research—Qualitative and Quantitative Analysis.
· Most liked class was the Culminating Project/Thesis on Leadership and Human Resources.
I was unable to attend the actual commencement exercises, but I did receive my robes and diploma so Lady Hiva took some photos for me. Could not miss a chance to celebrate! So I now have a Masters of Organizational Leadership from Regent University.
|So the hood isn't really a hood!|