December 12, 2019

Date Night = Crafts

 With work, church and other activities our lives are busy so our date nights have been centered around finding a craft project. One has been a rocking chair for Koala Bear.

Madre and Kell years ago would make these chairs for each of us. He made one for Lucky Dragon when we moved back to the United States and a few weeks ago I saw there was an extra, unpainted and unclaimed version in their garage. I quickly staked a claim on it for Koala Bear. It took us a few weeks to decide what we wanted on it and then it started to take shape. I loved the outcome!

When I saw how our pieces turned out I had to laugh because it is so reflective of our personalities. Lady Hiva has soft welcoming patterns and pastel color tones. My paintings are more broad and in-your-face-powerful and with bold colors. Most of all it is fun to do it together.





















 Lucky Dragon and Koala Bear love to make gingerbread houses. We did Halloween versions and now it was time for CHristmas version. Most of all they just love to eat the candy off. I loved how Lucky Dragon's house then was the place for Lego skeletons to take over. Every time I came back they were staged in a different scene.















 Lady Hiva and I decided to make ornaments too! We had so much fun. It was a multi-stage, multi-step, multi-day project. But we loved every moment of it. We cut out the reindeer, painted them, then used winter materials to make a hanging wreath/door ornament.















No comments:

Post a Comment