September 01, 2020

Birthday Fun!

This year my birthday landed on a Sunday. It was a good day. Because it was a Sunday, it felt like we were able to celebrate all weekend! Lady Hiva and the two Muggles spoiled me. 


















We went to the Lego store and were able to get some of the new Harry Potter Lego sets that just were released! I know, I know, Lego timed that release just for my birthday! HAHA. That meant we spent a good chunk of the birthday weekend building Lego sets together! Something that we all enjoy doing. `












We had a pinata, as that is a family tradition now.


















We had amazing food all weekend too! We went to eat at Don Street Tacos, one of my favorite 'mom-and-pop-hole-in-the-wall places to eat! Lady Hiva made Chicken Tortilla soup one day (another favorite of mine), Ribs another day, I made homemade French Dip (something I perfected during COVID), we had Cold Stone Creamery Ice Cream cake, Shave Ice, Zucchini bread from our neighbor whom has made it her mission to get me to like zucchini, Chocolate covered strawberries (hand-dipped by Lady, Lucky Dragon and Koala Bear), chicken fajitas! 





















Sunday morning, Lady Hiva and the kids decorated with rainbows and Mickey Mouse--perfection. We had fun looking for the 'Hidden Mickeys' throughout the house. We opened gifts, all of them were activities that we can do together as a family--games, Legos, and a potter-wheel! The best was an Adventure Book like the "Up" version then we went on an adventure through the world. 

I even had to wear a mask on the "airplane" as we flew. I first went to Egypt and saw the pyramids and rode some spirited camels that bleated and spit at me! 


















Next we flew to France and saw the Eiffel Tower, learned about the French flag and met some great "French people".





Off to Hawaii were I saw sea turtles, was serenaded by handsome Polynesian with an Ukulele, bought a pineapple from a beautiful and kind store clerk, and was given some Aloha. 




Lastly, I had to walk the Great Wall of China and dodge the very aggressive snakes as I went! HAHA

It was a relaxing day. I loved it. I loved having time with just us. 


2 comments:

  1. It's so nice to see you, Hiva & your children enjoying your simple & fun birthday celebration. I'm sure they loved every minute & it shows! Again Happy Birthday Dustin!

    ReplyDelete