August 17, 2018

Derby Car Built Out Of Rubbish


Our little Lucky Dragon loves the Disney Cars franchise. Always has and he loves all the cars they sell. We have all sizes. He also loves Demolition Derbies, so Cars 3 was a perfect movie for him it combined both loves.

He has all of the demolition derby cars from Cars 3 and can name them by name. When Saratoga Springs did a "Drive In" movie to watch Cars 3, Lucky Dragon wanted to make his car look like one of the Cars 3 cars. I mean, nothing else would make sense, right. He went back and forth on which car he wanted and finally settled on Fishtail.

So I took a box out a few boxes from the rubbish, some tissue paper and some duct tape then added in an hour of time and we had us a Fishtail for him to join the car show and drive in.






















Lucky Dragon was so excited about his car. He had my phone and took photos as we built it. What a kid. He also coached me about the details that I needed to add to make the box look more like Fishtail. He is quite descriptive about what he wants and is completely verbal about where he feels I am not meeting expectations. (I thought it turned out pretty well, considering I was doing it with rubbish and had a Koala Bear being helpful by crawling all over me when I built it)

















His car looked amazing in the car show. There were so many creative vehicles. It is amazing to see what people can make out of some rubbish! What a fun family nice to spend together.






















No comments:

Post a Comment