May 08, 2019

Puddles, Pansies and Playful Animals

The last few weeks have been so much fun! We are loving the sunny, warm weather that has shown itself between all the rain and snow. Lady Hiva took the kids to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point. This has become one of our family traditions. Some day we hope to have a yard large enough we can have a European styled garden with all the flowers Lady Hiva could ever want. 













































































Lucky Dragon has a new way to use his engineering and artistic skills. He gets hangers and makes a mosaic on my dresser. It makes it nearly impossible to open the drawers--especially if I am getting ready and Lady Hiva is still asleep. This night I was lucky that he only did half of the drawers! It becomes such an intricate web interlocking my clothes in. 





 Lady Hiva went to BYU Women's Conference so I was able to spend time with the two Muggles. It was so much fun. We went to parks and then would go meet Lady Hiva at BYU. We bowled. Lucky Dragon meticulously aligned his ramp anyway possible. He wanted to make sure that each bowl was perfect. It was fun to watch him take it so seriously. Koala Bear would squeal with delight when it was her turn and after each bowl, she would want to give everyone a high five. Lady Hiva joined us and said that she did not know how to bowl. However, I have bowled with her in the past and she is ALWAYS better. And of course her first three bowls were strikes! So much for "I am not very good."












 Lucky Dragon was so excited that his mum bought him more Lego activity magazines. He could not even wait longer until he got inside the door. Sat down on the stairs in the garage and started working. I love that this guy and his quick mind.


 Koala Bear loves "muddy puddles" and jumps in them. she was just bouncing in them until that was not enough and she started rolling in it! HAHA

 Lucky Dragon saw that when we parked at BYU, that there was a building that said, Museum of Art. He wanted to go in. (What 5 year old does that?!) We went in and the two of them had so much fun. I am glad art is enjoyable to them








 Koala Bear wanted to show me all the flowers, "Come on, daddy. Come I show you something."









 Lucky Dragon made this lego piece the other day and announced that it was the "Tree of Life" It was stunning to me. Then when we were at the BYU bookstore we saw this painting titled "The Tree of Life" and I had to take a photo to show the similarities.



 One of the days we rushed to Lucky Dragon's game...and while at the game the tire became flat. LAME. So Lucky Dragon had his first lesson in how to change a tire.



 Lucky Dragon had a school trip and Lady Hiva and Koala Bear joined. They went to Hee Haw Farms

This calf was at the same height as Koala Bear's face. She was so interested in the calf and got close. About the time she was inches from the calf it "mooed" and scared her! When I came home from work I asked Koala Bear what she did during they day, she said "I saw baby cow! Moooo! I scare!" It was so cute to see her so intent on relaying her experience.


I love that even though he was there with all of this class and friends, he made sure that his sister was joining in and always had a seat beside him. Times like this my heart is full of love for the two of them and the way they take care of each other--helps me forget the times they are fighting. (Really?! The house is full of toys and you have to fight over one of them!?!)











This HUGE worm was what was left of a huge storm last night. Both Lady Hiva and Lucky Dragon thought it was so cool they wanted to share with me. The storm last night was amazing. With lightning and booming thunder. I love thunder storms. I remember sitting on our porch as a kid with Madre and Kell and watching storms, or being on the farm and having Normy say that 'God was bowling' or that 'the angels were dancing' as the storms rolled over. I love the power of the thunder and the flash of lightning. So we turned off the lights and snuggled up on our bed and watched outside the window and nature put on the display. Lucky Dragon said decisively, "This is like God's firework show."

No comments:

Post a Comment