January 05, 2013

We Saw the HEARTBEAT





For all those who do not know, Lady Hiva and I are once again embracing the rollercoaster of pregnancy! Ironically, we found out that Lady Hiva was pregnant the exact same day we received the news that the adoption agency placed us on the list.

This is the sixth pregnancy for Lady, she does not handle pregnancy well and she is declared High Risk. (If you want more details on past pregnancies you can read the book: WHITE LILIES IN AUTUMN) Because of her High Risk status and us being in a developing country, work is sending her back to the States. It was touch and go there for a few weeks while we worked through the bureaucracy and paperwork; Which was even more complicated because of time changes and two big holidays! But we were able to work it out.

Both Lady and I are so thankful for all of our colleagues and management that are supportive and doing everything they can to help us in the hopes of  a positive outcome! We too hope that it will work out. But we also have the reality check that the last 5 babies have not made it, so we keep our prayers close to the heart.

Lady Hiva is doing all she can, along with great medical staff, to help this along. She quit her job a few weeks ago and has been home on semi-bed rest the past week. We ended up telling people about Lady being pregnant well before you traditionally do because we had to get the process started to go back to the States and it would have been awkward if we just up and left!

So we are off to Washington DC. Lady Hiva is 10 weeks today. We  will keep everyone updated as we go, but right now, so far so good thanks to all the prayers from friends and family of ALL faiths. Once again we start a journey and we are reminded how blessed we are and how many people are standing at our back with support.

11 comments:

  1. Sending Much love and congratulations!! We'll keep you in our prayers!

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tears fill my eyes as joy fills my heart! I'm so! Happy for you guys! Of course you'll be in my thoughts and prayers!!!! ;) Hiva, if I can recommend Downton Abbey and Chicago Fire to your next few months of entertainment <3 two of my favorites!!! And Parenthood... xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two continually amaze me with your strength, courage and most of all faith! I agree, tears fill my eyes. Congrats to you both and you both will be in my prayers!

    - Hydi B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations you two! Love and prayers to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! My own heart skipped a beat when I read your blog title that you heard the heartbeat! You guys are both incredible people, I agree with comment about your amazing strength, courage, and faith. I will be praying for you and the baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When we finally told people that our baby had problems the prayers came pouring in and made a huge difference. I'm sure it will for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Much love to you both - you'll truly be missed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a great news! I am sooooo happy for both of you! Safe travel and hope to see you soon! Let me know if I can help with anything!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!! Hoping the pregnancy goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WIshing you all the best! Also hoping that everything goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You two are amazing... the Lord is mindful of us Dust and Hiva... Carl and I are praying that all goes smoothly this time... we admire your strength and your faith. Miracles do happen...hang in there. We love you!

    ReplyDelete